Social Media Marketing: Reach, Attract, Convert, Engage- 4 Steps to Success
Social media platforms were started with the idea of connecting people. And, with time it has evolved into powerful social media marketing tools.
Spending time on social media platforms is one of the most common online activities. The number of people using social media worldwide is projected to increase to almost 3.1 billion in 2021.
Thanks to this surge in the number of monthly active users, social media marketing is in demand. As more and more users are moving online, brands have started considering the importance of social media marketing.
But, what exactly is social media marketing?
And, how can it help you?
For starters, it can help you advertise your products or services in front of a targeted audience who are actively searching on social media platforms.
Targeted audience equals genuine leads, simple math!Yasza Media
However, there’s more to social media marketing. So, let’s help you understand how you can utilize it to build your brand presence online.
What is Social Media Marketing?
When you use social media platforms to publish content to reach more people, engage with them, and convert them to customers, you’re doing social media marketing.
Social media marketing is a 360-degree process. From building a strategy to customer service – it is all connected.
Some of the common social media platforms are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. These are the go-to platforms for almost every brand.
Core Elements of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing doesn’t yield results magically. You need to understand your goals, your target audience, the best platforms, the preferred content types, brand voice, and effective use of paid channels.
Irrespective of your business type or end goal, here are the 5 core elements that your social media marketing should have –
- Research & Strategy – before you begin with anything, make sure you invest time in researching the current market. Learn how your target audience behaves online and what type of content they interact with. Build a strategy based on your research. It is the backbone of your social media marketing efforts.
- Listening & Engagement – next, keep a close watch on social platforms to understand what your competitors are doing, how your target audience interacts with the content. This will help you to create a robust social media content plan.
- Planning & Publishing – based on what you find from the above step, you can select the best platforms to use. Plan out at least a week’s content in advance (take note of important days, hashtags, trends), and set a schedule to publish the content.
- Analytics – most platforms offer free analytics. Use them to understand which content is performing well. It will help you figure out the best times to post based on user-engagement data. Analytics is pivotal to your marketing success.
- Ad Campaigns – allocate specific budgets each month to run paid ad campaigns. It helps you to reach out to a wider audience. Targeted ads will help you generate authentic leads without spending a fortune.
Social Media Marketing Benefits
Any business can benefit from social media marketing if they do it in the right manner.
Some of the most important benefits of social media marketing are –
- It helps to increase brand awareness.
- It helps generate organic inbound traffic.
- It builds brand visibility and reach.
- It helps generate a higher return on investments.
- It is very much budget-friendly.
Building a Social Media Marketing Strategy
For bringing the best out of social media marketing, your primary objective is to discover the target audience.
You should know whom are you going to address. Because knowing who will buy your product, will help you out in filtering out the social media activities and the platforms you want to use.
Learn more about Social Media Optimization.
Once you’ve listed the target audience, you need to work on understanding “What are their needs and wants?” Along with these, you will get to know what content needs to be published to engage them.
Now that you know your audience and their expectations, you can easily filter out the social media platforms you need to use to connect with them.
Keep viewing analytics and adapting your strategy. This way, you will be able to generate results from your efforts.
When you use social media platforms to advertise your business online, you have to be patient. Engagement doesn’t happen overnight.
Stay abreast of the trends, communicate with your followers, be active, and post consistently. And, above all, build a strategy before you get started.
Finally, pay attention to your audience as their comments and suggestions will help you grow in the direction that you aimed.
Need help selecting the best social media platforms? Let us know and we’ll be happy to get you started.