Photography in Instagram – Upgrade Your Brand Identity One Pixel at a Time
Instagram and Photography go hand-in-hand. Brands can amplify their online presence and carve out unique identities for themselves by making use of photography in Instagram. The logic is as simple as it gets – Instagram is a visual platform and can be considered as the Goliath of the visual marketing industry.
Though every brand can make use of Instagram, but if you are within the Hospitality and/or Travel & Tourism sector, this social media platform can provide you with genuine leads round the year. Not only will brands be able to generate more leads, but they can also connect with like-minded individuals and influencers. Thus, Instagram is a social media platform that you should definitely add to your Social Media Marketing plan.
In January 2019, photo sharing platform Instagram reported 500 million daily active Stories users worldwide, up from 400 million global DAU in June 2018. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Instagram has more than 1 billion active monthly users (view source). As you can see, the world is on Instagram. You need to be a part of it to garner attention and queries for your brand. Surely, you don’t want to miss out on the chances of reaching out to billions of users.
You already know how to use a camera, so here are 8 quick tips to boost your visibility on Instagram.
Tips to Promote Your Brand Using Photography in Instagram
Instagram is a photographer’s delight. With more than 95 million images posted daily, it is important to leverage on some tips and hacks to highlight your brand. Here are some quick tips that you need to try out –
- Don’t click photos using Instagram’s in-built feature. For instance, with your phone’s native camera, you get a lot of options to tweak the images. But, with Instagram camera, you won’t be able to zoom in. Plus, it will forcefully crop your image to a square.
- While most of our photos are either in portrait or landscape mode, these don’t work on Instagram. On Instagram, you should be posting 1:1 square-size images with the primary subject at the center.
- Focus on your focus. Want sharp photos for your Instagram profile? Make sure to try out different angles and light sources before you click the masterpiece. Try fiddling with the in-built camera features such as Focus and Lighting fix.
- Another important thing is to keep in mind the composition of your final image. Instagram provides tons of filters and hues, but you can also use 3rd-party editing tools to give your photos a better look and feel.
Additional Tips for Brands on Instagram
- Play around with the filters, but do not over-process your images. Check out the hues, saturation, contrast, and noise levels before posting.
- People love bright colors and contrasts. Use vibrant colors and relevant contrast modes to get more views and followers. (Pro-Tip: Try adding a text layer over your photos. People love it.).
- Make the most of hashtags. They will help your posts to reach out to a wider audience and get your more engagement.
- Focus on quality not quantity. Define a niche and publish images regularly (but not too often). Post relevant and quality content with good captions to show up in more user feeds.
Now that you’re aware of the tips to shine out, let’s tell you more about a photography technique that will help you garner more attention.
The Flat Lay Technique of Photography in Instagram
Photography with flat layers is an extremely versatile sub-genre of still life. It can be minimalist and simple, containing in a well-thought-out composition only key objects. Or it can contain dozens of tiny objects, creating a kind of organized chaos.
Still confused? Well, here are some images to help you understand the concept in a better way.
Get the idea? Basically, you can take a flat lay photo of anything. However, there are few things that you need to take care of. First of all, you need to ensure that there is ample light (or use a white background). Arrange the objects you want to click on a flat surface. Play around with the set-up, may be try something that looks visually appealing (reference images above).
Finally, try to make sure that your device or lens is parallel to your photographic table or floor. You may want to climb a robust chair to get a bit higher height. Take some pictures and try to make the camera as stable and as straight as possible.
Photography In Instagram – Top Hashtags to Use
Now that you have clicked dozens of photos and selected the ones that you wish to post, it is time to start working on the final touches. Here are 3 things you need to do –
- Write a good caption.
- Add the necessary filters.
- Add high-volume hashtags.
While the caption and filters are dependent on your (and the target audience’s) preferences, hashtags are something that helps your post garner additional traction and visibility. You can find dozens of free tools that helps you figure out the trending hashtags. But, to make it further easier for you, here’s a list of niche hashtags that you can refer to.
If you’re just starting with your photography page on Instagram, you need to add exceedingly popular and trending hashtags to the posts. Use from the below list of hashtags (also, research additional hashtags that are relevant to your brand identity) –
#JustGoShoot #InstaGood #InstaPhoto #PicOfTheDay #PhotoOfTheDay #Photogram #Capture #PhotographyDaily #PhotographyIsLife #iPhoneography #Camera #Composition #Photoshop #Instadaily #Igers #Cityscape #HDR #HDRspotters #Instafocus #IGworldclub #Visuals #Aesthetics #ThroughTheLens #Snapshot #Exposure #Moment #PhotographyAddict
Portrait Photo Hashtags
If you are into sharing portrait photos, you can also use some of the below mentioned niche hashtags in addition to the popular hashtags. This will give you a competitive advantage and allow you to reach more targeted users.
#PortraitPerfection #Portrait_Society #IGPortrait #Portraiture #PortraitOfTheDay #WithHumans #SelfPortrait #PortraitPhotography #Portrait_Mood #InstaPortrait #PostMorePortraits #Portrait_Shots #PursuitOfPortrait #PortraitPage #PortraitSociety #RSA_Portraits #DiscoverPortrait #TangledInFilm #Portraits_Today #PortraitFolk #PortraitsFromTheWorld #MoodyPortraits
Landscape Photo Hashtags
Love flexing your outdoor photos? Instagram is a great place for showing off your landscape and scenic photography skills. You should use relevant hashtags to ensure that the posts get more reach and engagement. Here are some landscape hashtags –
#LandscapeLovers #BeautifulLandscape #Viewpoint #NakedPlanet #LandscapeHunter #Sky_Captures #ScenicView #Cloudscape #SkyScape #Mountains #LandscapeShot #Landscape_Specialist #Splendid_Earth #Outdoors #Earthpix #DiscoverLandscape #AwesomeGlobe #IGRefined #Earthescope
Instagram is a great platform for professionals, budding photographers, and brands. Not only does it help in establishing a brand image, but it also helps you reach out to a wider audience who are actively searching.
The idea is to connect with more people and build a community of loyal followers. Make sure that you use the tips and hacks mentioned in this article to leverage your reach and drive targeted queries.
Need professional assistance? Check out our Photo & Video Services, and feel free to connect with us. We’d love to help you and set your brand on the right track.