Content Marketing: Accelerate Your Business Growth
It is an undeniable fact that content marketing is the backbone of any digital marketing strategy. A recent study by CMI revealed that 92% of companies consider content as their business asset.
So, if you are missing out on a content strategy for your business, it is time that you start creating one.
And, how do you build an effective content marketing strategy?
Worry not, we got you covered! In this article, we will guide you with all the details you need to scale your business growth.
Also read: Running a Successful Google Ad and Social Media Management Tips.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic approach. It focuses on creating and publishing informational and valuable content across various platforms.
The aim is to provide valuable and relevant information to target users, which will drive profitable actions. It is more than blogs and viral videos.
Content marketing has been around even before the Internet came into existence. From ads in newspapers to those catchy jingles you heard over the radio, it’s all content marketing.
Types of Content
Choosing the best type of content that fits your business needs is very important. Most users engage with brands that publish relevant. And, that’s the reason you need to focus on creating and sharing quality content.
So, you need to spend some time to figure out which types of content marketing will work best for you. Listed below are different types of content that you can choose from –
- Written Content (blogs, whitepapers, case studies, reviews & testimonials, FAQs, user-generated content.)
- Visual Content (images, infographics, videos, gifs.)
- Interactive Content (polls, quizzes, contests.)
The ultimate goal of content marketing is to grow your business. Each business defines the objectives as they deem fit.
In any case, the core objectives are –
- brand generation,
- thought leadership,
- lead generation.
Understanding the Funnel
A content marketing funnel is a step by step process that helps you connect with targeted users and gradually convert them into customers.
A successful funnel can be divided into three phases –
- Top of the Funnel (ToFu) – focus on building brand awareness and traffic with attention-grabbing content.
- Middle of the Funnel (MoFu) – focus on producing content that helps educate and inform users. This falls under lead generation and nurturing.
- Bottom of the Funnel (BoFu) – focus on product-based and personalized content that helps users make decisions.
What are the benefits of Content Marketing?
Content marketing helps increase your conversion rates. It is cost-effective and guaranteed to produce results.
Here are some of the major benefits –
- It helps build brand awareness and engage a targeted audience.
- It establishes your brand as a Subject Matter Expert.
- It increases brand’s trust, loyalty, and helps to nurture long-term relationships.
- It helps you to create a buyer journey.
- It provides you full control of your SEO and other related efforts.
- And, most of all, it is cost-effective.
Building Your Content Marketing Strategy
A content marketing strategy is a must if you want to get the most out of your efforts. As mentioned earlier, the strategy varies from business to business.
However, here are some common things to consider when you build a strategy for your brand –
- Define your end goals.
- Define your target audience.
- Review your Competitors.
- Choose the best platforms to publish content.
- Build your content calendar.
- Set up (and measure) KPIs.
- Use tools to ease your workload.
- Analyze and adapt.
Content Marketing Tools
The Internet is filled with free and paid tools for content marketing. You can use as many tools as you want to ease your task.
Listed below are the 5 best content marketing tools that you should sign-up for –
- Buzz Sumo – use it to analyze content topics and search for influencers.
- Kred – use it to build your brand status as an influencer. It helps build trust and credibility.
- Clickfunnels – use it to create funnels that make the buyer journey easy. It is a drag and drop tool (so, you don’t need coding skills!).
- Canva – use it to create great graphics for your social media, blogs, etc.
- SEMRush – this all-in-one marketing tool is a must. Get everything covered – from SEO to Keyword research.
If you want to increase the organic growth and visibility of your brand, you need to start with content marketing. There is no alternative to it!
It takes time, creativity, and effort to get the most out of content marketing. That’s why we listed the best tips to help you succeed.
Need help? More queries?Drop us a line and we’ll be happy to assist.